Wednesday 17-Aug-201 | views 1885| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: Banking | Location: Minna |Recruiting Company:
The Centralof Nigeria ( ), in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and other stakeholders, has concluded the design of a revolutionary programme to transform agricultural lending in Nigeria. Known as the Nigeria Incentive-based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending ( ), the programme is aimed at de-risking lending to the entire agricultural value chain in Nigeria.
Job Title: Team Lead, Project Implementation Office (PIO) (Ref:/ /JOBADV/01)
i. The Team Lead will monitor progress by establishing a tracking mechanism to ensure that activities are performed as planned.
ii. He/She will have the responsibility for establishing a firms foundation for the take-off of NIRSAL by identifying, analyzing and pre-empting challenges and resolving same promptly.
iii. The Team Lead will be responsible for the establishment of the Non-Bank Financial Institution (NBFI) that will ultimately implement and drive NIRSAL.
ix. He/She will prepare regular reports to the CBN and NIRSAL’ High LevelCommittee and act on their decisions.
iv. The implementation strategy of NIRSAI requires the Team Lead, Project Implementation Office (PIO), to drive the establishment of NIRSAL’s five pillars which include, risk sharing, bank incentive, insurance, technical assistance and agricultural bank rating components as well as the engagement of key stakeholders and partners.
v. The Team Lead who will be expected to conclude the assignment in six (6) months will report to NIRSAL’s High LevelCommittee comprising the CBN, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Ministry of Water Resources, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), the er’s Committee and a representative of the agri community.
vi. The person will be required to manage an impact focusedof six to eight members with project management, problem-solving and leadership skills and work with partners who are committed to quickly delivering concrete results on NIRSAL.
vii. The Team Lead will coordinate NIRSAL’s implementation preparatory plan and stakeholder engagement process to ensure that defined milestones are achieved.
viii. He/She will be charged with the engagement of State Governments, banks, farmers, processors, and other agricultural value chain operators and negotiating their buy in and support throughout the implementation preparation phase of NIRSAL.
The applicant must be
• A top player with the ability effectively drive the NIRSAL process.
• A person with a least 10 years cognate experience in agricultural value chain business or similar projects in a financial/ development institution, of which 5 years should at senior management level.
The prospective applicant must be
• Exceptionally inspirational with high energy to drive change.
• Courageous and persistence
• Innovative, proactive and resilient.
Skills and Competencies
The prospective applicant should be able to:
• Think strategically, identify opportunities, and link initiatives to broader NIRSAL strategy and value.
• Effectively solve problems, drawing on sound business judgment and strong analytical skills
• Ensure quality control and analytical rigour
• Coach, train, mentor and influence people or good norms and high performance
• Communicate effectively, quickly, build relationships.
• Be a good process and turn-around time manager.
The prospective applicant must be
• At least a good first degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Banking, Finance, Business Administration or other related Management Sciences.
• A higher degree and/or a recognized project management professional certificate will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Send Application to the below address
Development Finance Department
Central Bank of Nigeria
Central Business District, Abuja.
On or before 30th August 2011
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» World Bank Job Vacancies in Nigeria, March 2013 - [Monday 11-Mar-2013]
» Job Vacancies in a Microfinance Bank in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State - [Monday 21-Jan-2013]
» Latest Vacancies at SEAP Microfinance Bank Limited in Nigeria - [Sunday 20-Jan-2013]
» LATEST VACANCIES, WORLD BANK FOR TEAM ASSISTANT IN ABUJA - [Sunday 30-Dec-2012]
» Graduate Trainees Jobs and Experienced Positions at BDO Professional Services Ltd - [Friday 19-Oct-2012]
» Ekondo Microfinance Bank Limited Jobs in Nigeria, October 5th 2012 - [Friday 05-Oct-2012]
» Microfinance Bank Jobs in Amaigbo, Imo State - [Friday 05-Oct-2012]
» Jobs at association of Non-Bank Microfinance Institution of Nigeria (ANMFIN) - [Saturday 15-Sep-2012]
» Bank Jobs for Tellers, Client Officers & Assistants at La Fayette Microfinance in Ibadan - [Thursday 13-Sep-2012]
- Latest Jobs
- Employers Job