Tuesday 27-Sep-2011 | views 1838| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: Banking | Location: Minna |Recruiting Company:
Employment Type Full Time – Permanent
Regulatory Approval Yes
is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for over 145 years, and now spans 17 countries across the African continent. Its international expansion has taken it to 16 countries outside Africa including Brazil, Russia and China. Its headquarters are in Johannesburg and it is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Standard Bank’s Corporate and Investment Banking division is a leading global emerging markets corporate and investment bank and offers its clients banking, trading, investment, risk management and advisory services in developing economies throughout the world. It has specific sector expertise in industries relevant to its global footprint, with strong sector value propositions in: mining & metals; oil, gas & renewables; telecommunications & media; power & infrastructure and Financial Institutions.
is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an experienced Messaging Officer to join our dedicated IT team at our Corporate offices.
Key facts and figures
•Standard Bank Group assets of approximately US$172 billion (as at June 2009)
•Market Capitalisation of approximately US$18 billion (June 2009)
•Present in 33 countries around the world
•Employs more than 50,000 people world-wide (including Liberty)
Messaging Officer is responsible for the day-to-day administration, operation, and support of Stanbic enterprise messaging infrastructure including /DNS, Blackberry, OWA, Mail Marshal and Microsoft Exchange servers. This role entails 24×7 off-hours on-call responsibilities.
• Manage system providers to ensure agreed delivery deadlines and MTTRs.
• Manage all Blackberry requests and needs and integrate additional Blackberry 5.0 features
• Provide timely reports and feedback on all system problems, etc (formal and documented reports)
• Implement and maintain best standards and practices for , Exchange and Blackberry
• Ensure proper backup for all messaging servers
• Service Availability within agreed SLA objectives – Availability
• Incidents within SLA Objectives – MTTR
• Responsible for disaster recovery planning, testing, implementation, and documentation
• Day-to-day administration of Stanbic Enterprise messaging infrastructure.
• Providing some level of technical operational skills in the maintenance and support of Stanbic enterprise messaging infrastructure.
• Ensure that mails and messaging customers consistently receive a high quality service by proactively monitoring and using all available resources (i.e. systems and processes)
• Another key function of someone in this job role would be to manage the servers. “That means managing quotas of the individual user’s mail box.
• Ensure current inventory of all Blackberry devices
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Staff Minimum of a 2.2 B.Sc degree in computer science or equivalent.
• Through knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Blackberry and OWA
• Knowledge of /DNS
• Knowledge of Mail Marshal operation
• Knowledge of Outlook Web Access(OWA)
• Minimum of 1 year banking experience with a minimum of 1 or 2 year(s) within messaging infrastructure platform.
• Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing when interpreting and explaining information relating to product benefits and service provision to customers.
• Good presentation and negotiation skills.
• Ability to convey factual information clearly.
• Ability to question, probe and clarify information in a diplomatic manner.
• Ability to reinforce standards and objectives.
• Ability to adapt readily to changes in systems and procedures, and encourage others to do the same.
• Results-orientated, strongly motivated to achieve, adheres to deadlines and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» World Bank Job Vacancies in Nigeria, March 2013 - [Monday 11-Mar-2013]
» Job Vacancies in a Microfinance Bank in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State - [Monday 21-Jan-2013]
» Latest Vacancies at SEAP Microfinance Bank Limited in Nigeria - [Sunday 20-Jan-2013]
» LATEST VACANCIES, WORLD BANK FOR TEAM ASSISTANT IN ABUJA - [Sunday 30-Dec-2012]
» Graduate Trainees Jobs and Experienced Positions at BDO Professional Services Ltd - [Friday 19-Oct-2012]
» Ekondo Microfinance Bank Limited Jobs in Nigeria, October 5th 2012 - [Friday 05-Oct-2012]
» Microfinance Bank Jobs in Amaigbo, Imo State - [Friday 05-Oct-2012]
» Jobs at association of Non-Bank Microfinance Institution of Nigeria (ANMFIN) - [Saturday 15-Sep-2012]
» Bank Jobs for Tellers, Client Officers & Assistants at La Fayette Microfinance in Ibadan - [Thursday 13-Sep-2012]
- Latest Jobs
- Employers Job