Wednesday 18-Jan-201 | views 2528| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: NGO Jobs | Location: Nigeria |Recruiting Company:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is recruiting for the position below
- Input into the advice given by the International Expert on Democratic Governance to UNDP, JDBF partners, other national institutions, beneficiaries and sub-contractors.
- Provision of substantive inputs to the DGD project on the democratic governance component of the project to advice the Project Management Board in its strategic planning and decision-making.
- Effective supervision and achievement of deliverables from all democratic governance related activities.
- Assisting the international expert in coordinating the PMU programme on National Assembly and Political Parties with other development partners’ work with the same democratic institutions. The coordination is to help prevent overlap or duplication of programme activities.
- Liaison with NASS and PP in order to ensure healthy working relationships.
- Helping to mobilize resources through sectoral working group.
- Development and nurturing of broader partnerships in the areas of democratic governance and elections communicate and advocate the international partners’ positions and engage with Nigerian partners effectively.
- Supporting the International Expert in coordinating all activities relating to the NASS and PP components of the project.
- Drafting of work-plans, timelines and budget for NASS and PP activities for debating by project, country office and donor partners.
- Drafting of terms of reference for calling for proposals for NASS & PP related activities, follow their selection, prepare and manage agreements with consultants and democratic organizations for specified services and objectives in collaboration with the international expert.
- Effective monitoring and evaluation of NASS and PP related project activities thereby ensuring value for money.
- Assisting the international expert in building a robust and healthy relationship with partner institutions like the NASS and PP as well as ensure synergy between the democratic institutions and the project.
- Enhancement of team work for the achievement of overall project goals and objectives
- Minimum of 2 years post Masters experience in planning and implementing NASS and/or PP related activities in the context of electoral reforms and democratic process.
- Work experience in democratic governance, including electoral issues, dealing with: (a) policy dialogue and advisory work; (b) leadership and management of research and analysis; (c) design and execution of capacity development programmes; (d) project management, including the leadership of multi-disciplinary expert teams, preferably funded by development partners (UN or other); and (e) promotion of stakeholder/community awareness of and participation in democratic governance.
- A good understanding of the social, economic, political and historical trends underpinning African and, ideally, Nigerian governance and electoral processes.
- Excellent knowledge of election procedures and frameworks.
- Proven track record of advising, organizing and supervising public awareness activities partnering with democratic organizations capacity-building projects.
- Skills in training, process facilitation, strategic planning, and partnership-building.
- Excellent PC user skills: word processing, spreadsheets, databases and web-based research.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria and overseas.
- Proven competence in the field of democratic governance, well-informed on both electoral and broader democratic governance issues such as legislative development, the role and potential of mass and community media, civil society in emerging democratic societies, and the participation and role of women in politics. Comfortable with full range of sub-sectors within the project, although possibly more knowledgeable and experienced in some areas. S/he should have a strong grasp of the strategic, policy and nuts-and-bolts issues involved in capacity development in the area of democratic governance.
- Ability to appreciate and respond productively to the challenges faced in leading a high-risk initiative in a politically challenging environment. Ability to maintain calm and poise in high pressure and sometimes provocative situations as well as apply skills in mediation and consensus-building.
- Solid academic background and demonstrated abilities in analysis of complex political situations and providing strategic advice, while maintaining personal detachment.
- Proven managerial experience in an international context and ability to lead teams. Proven ability to make sound decisions in delegation of responsibilities and in finding a balance between a focus on detail and keeping an eye on the big picture.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Strong inter-personal communications and diplomatic skills, with an ability to listen, understand and respond effectively to different and divergent points of view expressed by a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor work plans. Proven ability to work under pressure and produce output that is accurate, timely and of high quality. Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to understand and apply tools such as the logical framework, results-based approaches like UNDP’s RBM and PRINCE2. Solid knowledge and experience of project management. Ability to support and provide oversight to strategic planning, results-based management and reporting.
- Resourcefulness, good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with and between different levels and types of project personnel and counterparts.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the shared vision, mission and strategic goals of the partners supporting the initiative.
- Displays strong cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
- Advanced university degree (Masters or PhD) in areas of democratic governance and development including Law, Political Science, and other social sciences.
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» NGO Jobs in Nigeria for a Programme Officer at UNICEF - [Monday 20-May-2013]
» Career Opportunities at Fertility Centre in Victoria Island Lagos - [Friday 10-May-2013]
» Programme Officer needed in Abuja at Social Entrepreneurship Organisation - [Friday 10-May-2013]
» Drivers needed at Operations Research and Impact Evaluation (ORIE) in Abuja - [Friday 10-May-2013]
» NGO Massive recruitment at Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) - [Friday 10-May-2013]
» FHI 360 Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria - [Wednesday 08-May-201]
» Administrative Assistant Vacancies at International Labour Organisation (ILO) Abuja - [Saturday 27-Apr-2013]
» Social Worker Job vacancies at Healing Hands Orphanages and Outreach Foundation - [Thursday 18-Apr-2013]
» NGO job for a Gender and Equity Specialist at Social Development Direct - [Wednesday 17-Apr-201]
- Latest Jobs
- Employers Job