Wednesday 28-Mar-201 | views 1452| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: NGO Jobs | Location: Lagos |Recruiting Company:
International Labour Organization (ILO), International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour (IPEC) require suitable qualified candidates to fill the position below
1.) Senior Finance Assistant- G7
- First Decree in Finance, Accounting or related fields in addition to a professional Qualification such as ICAN, ANAN, ACCA.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience,
- Excellent knowledge of English Language and one or two working languages of the duty station and/or organization.
- Ability to work with word processing and spreadsheet software, as well as computer software packages required for work.
- Good drafting skills, and demonstrated ability to prepare reports. In-depth knowledge of financial rules and regulations, and accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply conceptual approaches to accounting and finance.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to relate with clients and to respond to their queries.
- Ability to work in a team and to work under pressure.
- Ensure appropriate, accurate and timely processing and recording of disbursements and payments in accordance with established ILO rules, regulations and within budgetary limits
- Prepare and analyze accounts and financial documents, as well as reconcile bank statements while keeping abreast of all procedures and regulations regarding the maintenance of bank accounts, interest rates etc.
- Provide advice and assistance to offices and experts in preparing project budgets, activities: prepare cash forecasts and perform regular budget monitoring and review to ensure availability of funds for project implementation.
- Review financial documents prior to entry into the finance System and undertake visits to project offices to provide training and support in order to ensure compliance with the ILO rules and regulations.
- Maintain liaison on administrative matters with local banks. Insurance companies, government Agencies and other UN agencies as well as provide advice and guidance concerning the organizations financial practices and rules.
- Process, monitor and document transactions concerning staff entitlements; benefits and privileges.
- As the ILO Abuja Office Nigeria Security Focal Point prepare staff safety procedures based on the UN Country Team Security plan and disseminate security information to all staff.
- Ensure efficient and effective use of office vehicles through close monitoring of the vehicle log books and supervision of drivers
- Prepare draft replies to internal and external audit observations concerning the assigned operation and ensure control mechanisms are put in place to sustain corrective measures.
- Perform the duties of the Chief Admin/Finance Officer in his absence.
2.) Admin and Finance Assistant (G5)
Project Title: Eliminating the Worst Forms of Child Labour in West Africa and Strengthening Sub-Regional Cooperation through ECOWAS - II
Vacancy No: Position Number: 24
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension, Starting Date: As soon as Possible
The person must have good knowledge of administrative procedures and accounting principles, ability to search and retrieve information from central databases and compile reports, operate computer program effective packages for various administrative actions, good drafting skills, ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with officials at all levels and ability to work accurately with administrative data.
First level university level degree in a relevant field.
Five years of professional experience in the relevant occupational area.
Excellent command of English and knowledge of French an asset.
IPEC, 3 programme of the ILO, operates in over 80 countries worldwide. Its aims at effective abolition of child labour by assisting member states in designing and implementing policies and programmes to prevent and eliminate child labour, including a focus on elimination of the worst forms of child labour.
- The Administrative Assistant shall provide administrative and financial support to IPEC management and other IPEC staff
- Maintain up to date databases and detailed records/files of administrative operations, banks transactions, record of actions, minutes of meetings, seminars, etc,
- Undertake logistical, secretarial and protocol functions including travels, lodgings, payment of DSA, drafting of correspondences, documented of contracts information, verification of works done, etc.
- Brief staff experts and/or consultants on administrative procedures. Respond to queries from inside and outside the organization. Participate in internal meetings to provide information on administrative matters. Assist in preparation of project or programme documents, evaluation and reports
- Perform other activities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants requiring a detailed Job Description should send e.mail to HRABUJA@ilo.org
27th March, 2012
Expression of Interest:
Applications quoting job title should be received on or before 27th March 2012 with a recent CV and all supporting documents addressed to:
International Labour Organization (ILO)
c/o The Consulate of Hungary,
61 Jose Marti Crescent, Asokoro, Abuja.
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» Programme Officer needed in Abuja at Social Entrepreneurship Organisation - [Friday 10-May-2013]
» Drivers needed at Operations Research and Impact Evaluation (ORIE) in Abuja - [Friday 10-May-2013]
» NGO Massive recruitment at Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) - [Friday 10-May-2013]
» FHI 360 Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria - [Wednesday 08-May-201]
» Administrative Assistant Vacancies at International Labour Organisation (ILO) Abuja - [Saturday 27-Apr-2013]
» Social Worker Job vacancies at Healing Hands Orphanages and Outreach Foundation - [Thursday 18-Apr-2013]
» NGO job for a Gender and Equity Specialist at Social Development Direct - [Wednesday 17-Apr-201]
» Job Vacancy for Office Bookkeeper at Solidarity Center an NGO - [Tuesday 16-Apr-2013]
» FHI 360 recruiting massively in Nigeria, April 2013 - [Thursday 11-Apr-2013]
- Latest Jobs
- Employers Job