Tuesday 26-Jun-2012 | views 2169| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: Managerial Jobs | Location: Nigeria |Recruiting Company:
(NGO JOBS)PACT Vacancies for Chief of Party in Nigeria,June-July 2012
JOB TITLE: CHIEF OF PARTY, CIVIL SOCIETY STRENGTHENING, NIGERIA
This position is contingent upon funding. Position Summary: Pact seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID program in Nigeria to strengthen civil society’s ability to influence the development and implementation of key democratic reforms at the national, state, and local levels. This position will represent Pact to USAID, local civil society organizations (CSOs), and other relevant donor organizations. The position will be responsible for providing leadership, management and administrative oversight; ensuring the project is progressing and meeting objectives; and managing staff.
Pact is a non-profit, mission-driven organization delivering support to those most in need while building the technical skills and capacity of those people to help themselves.
We are a different organization and I encourage you to spend some time on our Web site to understand why.
Pact believes that the best assistance leaves behind knowledge, expertise, and a framework for people to pull themselves out of poverty. We deliver top-level technical assistance in multiple fields such as HIV/AIDS, economic opportunity, the environment, democracy/governance, and peace building.
The following Job vacancy exists
• Proven experience navigating complex and high pressure operating environments;
• Experience developing and managing multi-sectorial, multi-donor funded program portfolios preferred.
• Nigeria experience highly desirable, Africa experience essential.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with different donors, civil society organizations and host country government counterparts.
• In-depth understanding of the role of civil society in development and experience in building capacity for civil society organizations and networks/coalition strengthening.
• Prior experience in awarding and managing grants to local organizations to promote democracy and governance goals.
• Must be tolerant, respectful and sensitive to Nigeria’s culture.
• Advanced degree in a relevant field such as social sciences, law, and development studies etc.
• Ten years demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to democracy and governance activities
• Management of a USG contract instrument—five years of which shall have been in senior program management including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
• Specialized Knowledge/Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication
RESPONSIBILITIES/ JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Manage all local grantmaking mechanisms, ensuring compliance with donor regulations and Pact policy; coordinate and/or conduct monitoring visits to grantee programs.
• Provide training and mentoring to partners to strengthen capacity for technical service delivery and compliance with donor rules and regulations
• Manage all project planning responsibilities, including the production of annual workplans; guide and oversee the alignment of the budget to expected results, and review and approve annual budgets and quarterly reports
• Ensure the cost-effective use of Pact resources
• Recruit and directly supervise local project staff in line with Pact HR policies; Oversee the management and development of project office human resources to ensure a diverse, skilled and productive workforce, an effective leadership team, and an organizational culture where Pact’s values are practiced
• Ensure high-quality technical programming through hands-on guidance and support grounded in the program’s strategic objectives and adhering to expected technical quality and reporting requirements
• Participate in the technical and programmatic design of award and partner programs; represent Pact in negotiating with donors and partners.
• Ensure compliance with HQ and donor requirements, policies and regulations.
• Act as liaison to relevant donors and the local government
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org
Or Our Career Page at https://www5.ultirecruit.com/PAC1005/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Application closes 11 July 2012
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» Job vacany in Sunlek Investment Limited in Ogun State - [Wednesday 27-Mar-201]
» John Holt Plc is recruiting for Regional Sales Managers in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt - [Sunday 24-Mar-2013]
» ADEXEN CURRENT VACANCIES FOR GENERAL MANAGER IN AN FMCG IN NIGERIA - [Sunday 30-Dec-2012]
» Job Vacancy in Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd for Audit Manager - [Friday 07-Dec-2012]
» Branch Manager Job in an Insurance Broking/Risk Management Company - [Friday 23-Nov-2012]
» Vacancy for a General Manager in Abuja at Radio Broadcasting Station - [Wednesday 21-Nov-201]
» Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) is looking for a General Manager - [Wednesday 26-Sep-201]
» MURTALA MUHAMMED FOUNDATION, JOBS FOR PROGRAM ANALYST - [Sunday 09-Sep-2012]
» JOBS FOR LEGAL ADVISER AND SECURITY MANAGER AT BRASS CONSULTING - [Friday 07-Sep-2012]
- Latest Jobs
- Employers Job