Friday 20-Jul-2012 | views 1463| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: Education | Location: Nigeria |Recruiting Company:
How to pass dragnet aptitude test
I have written SHL test four times and I passed three times. The one I actually think I failed was the first one (which I didn't just see the result)
To get their Verbal reasoning (also Dragnet's), train yourself on how to extract information from a very short passage without necessarily having to read through the passage.
The way I do it is simple:
(1) I read the question first.
(2) Pick the key word in the question.
(3) Quickly search for the keyword in the passage.
(4) Read the sentence that contains the key word. Try to understand the sentence at one reading.
Look, after writing the tests, I could not narrate any story in any of the passages. That proved to me that I wasn't really reading the passages.
On the numerical,
(1) Quickly study the Chart(s). Identifying the Title, x-axis and y-axis (this is very important). If you do not do this, you will always be confused on which chart to use, or the information the chart is giving. Trust me this will waste a lot of your time. The moment you are familiar with the charts, no question related to the chart will take you up to 15 seconds to tackle.
(2) Read the question and identify which chart to use. If the chart is already specified for you, go to the next step.
(3) Note (in your mind) what is required. Mind you, hardly will you see a staight-forward question. You will need to know how to use your percentage very well and very fast, utilising all short cuts available to you.
For example, if an item is reduced by 5% and you are asked to get the current value, you don't have to be doing all the plus and minus there. Just multiply original value by 95%; if it was increased by 5%, multiply original by 105%.
- Know multiples of 2, 5 and 10 very well, such that you can handle them without calculator.
- If you are asked to bring calculator, used a good scientific calculator.
- If they provide ordinary (simple) calculator for you (not scientific) minimise rate of using it because it waste so much time. Your head works faster than simple calculator, believe me.
- If it is online and you are asked to use calculator inside the PC; you have got a leverage. This is the best calculator I have ever used, especially if the OS is windows 7.
Just Open the calculator and convert it to sciencific, and check 'History' (Click on 'View menu'>'Scientific', Click on 'Edit menu'>'History'). Do not close the calculator until you finish the entire test. This will help you to go back to previous calculations and still use them or view their answers.
(4) Answer the less verbose questions first. It takes time to even read the questions; therefore, avoid read and jump. Any question that is more than three lines shoud be jump and be tackled later.
(5) Learn how to combine two information coming from two different charts. Most of the questions are designed in that form.
Written by GEEJAY.
FOR MATERIALS AND MANUALS ON HOW TO PAST APTITUDE TESTS IN NIGERIA VISIT http://www.jobgurusng.com/ebook.php
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» University of Ibadan(UI) Job Vacancies for Senior Non-Academic Staff - [Monday 20-May-2013]
» Learningfield Secondary School in Ogun State is recruiting for Various positions - [Wednesday 08-May-201]
» University of Lagos recruitment 2013 for Academic and Non Academic staff - [Saturday 04-May-2013]
» French Teacher, Secretary ans VP vacancies in Secondary School within Yaba, Lagos - [Thursday 02-May-2013]
» Teaching Jobs in Lagos at St Saviour's School lkoyi - [Wednesday 01-May-201]
» Academic and Non-Academic Job Vacancies at Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa - [Wednesday 24-Apr-201]
» Massive Academic and Non-Academic Jobs (70 Positions)at Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Lab - [Wednesday 24-Apr-201]
» Non-Academic staff massive recruitment at University Of Uyo - [Wednesday 24-Apr-201]
» Maple Education Canada Recruiting Teachers and principal - [Sunday 21-Apr-2013]
- Latest Jobs
- Employers Job