Tuesday 18-Sep-2012 | views 738| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: Administrative | Location: Ibadan |Recruiting Company:
Job Vacancy for Financial Analyst at OPEC
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Country(OPEC) is a permanent intergovernmental organization of 12 oil-exporting developing nations that coordinates and unifies the petroleum policies of its Member Countries.
The OPEC Secretariat is the executive organ of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC). Located in Vienna, it also functions as the Headquarters of the Organization, in accordance with the provisions of the OPEC Statute.
OPEC is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Code: 4.2.02
The Financial Analyst monitors and analyzes the short-term impact of financial market developments, in particular commodity markets on petroleum markets, as well as the performance of major oil companies, including national oil companies. In addition, he/she carries out special studies on pertinent issues.
- Studies financial markets, in particular commodity markets, as well as covering developments in currency, equity, bonds, interest rate markets
- Analyzes the impact of financial market developments on short-term developments in the petroleum market
- Studies developments in world financial instruments, finance institutions and related issues
- Carries out analyses of the short-term financial performance of major oil companies, including National Companies and evaluates the short-term impact on the oil industry
- Consolidates findings of the above analyses and prepares and issues reports thereon
Within the Research Division, the Petroleum Studies Department is responsible for providing pertinent and reliable information and analyses in support of decision-making and policy-making in Member Countries. It carries out research programs and studies on short-term petroleum market developments with the aim of issuing reports on a regular, as well as ad-hoc basis, highlighting important issues for their use and consideration. It conducts regular forecasts, elaborates and analyzes oil market scenarios and prepares and publishes reports on these findings. It promotes OPEC's views and technical analysis on short-term oil market developments to the industry at large and the general public via the OPEC Monthly Oil Market Report, as well as other reports, presentations and related pod casts. And it prepares and contributes to reports to be submitted to the Economic Commission Board, the Board of Governors, the Ministerial Monitoring Sub-Committee, as well as papers for various OPEC publications.
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade E reporting to the Head of Petroleum Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
- University degree (advanced degree preferred) in Economics, Finance, and/or Business Administration
- A minimum of eight years (six years in case of advanced degree), preferably relating to the oil sector
- Training/specialization: financial analysis including tools, oil project feasibility studies, joint venture project assessments, stock exchanges and oil paper markets (NYMEX, IPE, etc.), economic/financial analysis concepts (NPV/Cash Flow)
- Competencies: Communication skills, analytical skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, initiative and integrity
- Language: English
- Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Application Closing Date
30th September 2012.
Method of Application
Applicants are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country's Governor for OPEC.
Note: In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governo
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» Job for a Front Desk Officer in Law Firm, Lagos - [Friday 17-May-2013]
» Reliance Infosystems job vacancies for Account Executive - [Monday 13-May-2013]
» Internal Control Officer Job Vacancies at Alvy Consulting - [Monday 13-May-2013]
» Human Resource Manager Job Vacancies at Alvy Consulting - [Monday 13-May-2013]
» Kewalram Chanrai Group recruitments Technicians - [Friday 10-May-2013]
» Kewalram Chanrai Group recruitments Sales Executives, Sales Officers - [Friday 10-May-2013]
» Sales Representatives Job Vacancy in a Manufacturing Company - [Friday 10-May-2013]
» Sales Supervisor Job Vacancy in a Manufacturing Company - [Friday 10-May-2013]
» Business Development/Sales Manager in a Manufacturing Company - [Friday 10-May-2013]
- Latest Jobs
- Employers Job